Thursday, March 1, 2012

Facebook

Facebook
March 1,2012

So the journey to Addis Ababa Ethiopia begins.....I was born from my Indian Parents,C.O. and Mary while they were teaching in Addis. I lived the first 5 years of my life in Addis and left for Canada on my 5th birthday.
Now as part of my top ten things to do...I have the privelege to go back and give back.
I am an Occupational Therapist and as a member of Health Volunteers Overseas,I am part of a program to set up Physical Therapy Schools around the world. I am volunteering with another Occupational Therapist who is a certified hand therapist teach about the hand and wrist. Class time as well as clinics will fill the days with the PT students who are getting their Doctarate degree. I hope to share my knowlegde of evaluation, tests and treatment as well as my interest and specialty in Lymphedema. I am grateful to Sharp ,my employer in San Diego which has given me Humanitarian leave to do this project .

When I saw the opportunity I knew I could help and be part of this trip....I want to see the Addis I have seen so many times in pictures and in the dreams of during my childhood.

I leave San Diego,March 2 2012 ,fly to DC Washington and then fly a direct 15 hour flt to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,Africa.... 46 years after I left.

Thanks for all the prayers , good wishes and donations from friends , family and coworkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment